In SmartThings, the On/Off Plug-In Switch can send a notification if the plugged in device star ts to draw too much current. Continue reading to see how to receive a notification if your device overloads, or check out Using your On/Off Plug-In Switch in SmartThings if you need to install your device.
1. Open the SmartThings app and go to the Dashboard tab , then go to Smart Home Monitor
2. Press the Gear icon in the top right corner, and tap Custom in the list that appears
3. Choose New monitoring rule and tap What kind of device do you want to use?
4. Select Open/Close Sensor
5. Press Select Open/Close Sensors, choose your Dome On Off Plug and press Done
6. Toggle on Sensor Opens
7. You can set how often you're notified and optionally toggle on Only once per day to be notified only the first time the device overloads in a day, then press Next
8. Here you can choose the types of notifications you will receive, Text & Push Notifications are selected by default
9. Press Next, toggle on Edit rule name if you want to change the default name, and press Done to finish up