With SmartThings The Dome Water Main Shut-Off can automatically close and open your valve periodically to make sure sediment build-up doesn't cause an eventual malfunction. Follow the steps below to automatically cycle your valve, or check out Using your Water Main Shut-Off in SmartThings if you still need to set up your device.
1. Open the SmartThings app, go to the Automation tab , and tap Add a SmartApp
2. Select Lights & Switches from the list that appears then select Smart Lights
3. Tap Which lights do you want to control?, select the Dome Water Shut-Off and press Done
4. Tap What do you want to do?, select Turn Off
5. Tap Select trigger, then scroll down to select At a Specific Time
6. Tap Turn off at and set it to a time where you will not need water, for example when you are sleeping or at work
7. Now tap Also turn on at and set it to one minute after the first time
8. Tap More options, tap Only on certain days of the week, and choose the day you want the valve to cycle
9. Tap Next
10. Tap Next then Done to finish up your automation
Please sign in to leave a comment.