First, make sure the Water Main Shut-Off Device Handler is installed in SmartThings. If not, click here for instructions.
1. Plug the Water Main Shut-Off into an outlet and open your SmartThings app
2. Press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
4. Press the Open/Close Button quickly 3 times in a row
5. Once the Water Main Shut-Off is included press Save, then OK
6. Your device should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
I created the device handler, but why isn't SmartThings recognizing my device correctly?
The Main Page displays the current status of the Water Main Shut-Off (Open or Closed) and also allows the user to open or close the valve.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the Water Main Shut-Off: Open or Closed. The status is indicated with both text and the background color
- The Open button opens the Water Main Shut-Off. The button will be grayed out if the Shut-Off is already open
- The Close button will close the Water Main Shut-Off. The button will be grayed out if the Shut-Off is already closed
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change one property of the Water Main Shut-Off: the wake up interval. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear Icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Wake Up Interval sets how often the Water Main Shut-Off wakes up in order to accept new settings
If you want to automatically shut off your Water Main when leaks are detected, check out this article:
Shut Off Your Water Main When Leaks are Detected in SmartThings
If you want to automatically cycle your Valve, check out this article:
Please sign in to leave a comment.