1. Remove the Back Cover by twisting it clockwise
2. Open your SmartThings app and press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
3. Press the Connect Button quickly 3 times in a row, the LED Ring will flash five times indicating inclusion
4. Once the Siren is included press Save, then OK
5. Your Siren should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
The Main Page displays the current status of the Siren (Off, Pending Alarm, Alarm, and Chime) and also presents each sound individually so the user can turn them on or off instantaneously.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the Siren: Off, Pending Alarm, Alarm, and Chime. The status is displayed with both text and the background color – Off is gray, Alarm is red, and Chime is purple
- Alarm Button toggles the Alarm. If it is red, the Alarm sound can be turned on, and if it is gray, it can be turned off
- The Off button will turn off the alarm sound
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current.
- Chime Buttons buttons trigger the 10 available chime tones. The tones are categorized as “Alarms,” “Chimes,” and “Bells” (represented by red, purple, and green buttons, respectively.)
- Battery Level displays the remaining battery life
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change several properties of the Siren, including its Alarm Sound, how long the alarms stay on, and LED functionality. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Alarm Sound sets the sound of the Alarm to one of five tones available for the Siren
- Alarm Volume This sets the volume of Alarm. Three volume levels are available: Low, Med, and High (Default)
- Alarm Duration This sets how long the Alarm plays for. There are four options available: 30 sec, 1 min (Default,) 5 min, and until the battery is depleted
- Alarm LED enables or disables the flashing LED ring that accompanies the Alarm
- The Alarm Delay will delay the Alarm for the amount of time specified in this setting. This allows users, for example, to trigger a sensor that is armed within the Smart Home Monitoring SmartApp (e.g. front door sensor) and wait a certain amount of time before the alarm sounds. This lets the user disarm the Smart Home Monitoring SmartApp before the Alarm starts playing
- If the Alarm Delay Beep option is enabled, the Siren will beep intermittently during the Alarm Delay so the user is aware that the Alarm will sound imminently
- Chime Volume sets the volume of the Chimes. Three volume levels are available: Low, Medium (Default,) and High
- Chime Repeat sets the number of times the Chime sounds play. It can play up to twenty times
- Chime LED enables or disables the flashing LED ring that accompanies the Chime
- Battery Reporting Interval sets how often the battery level is reported to SmartThings
If you're ready to automate, why not have your Siren go off when a leak is detected?