First, make sure the Mouser Device Handler is installed in SmartThings. If not, click here for instructions.
1. Remove top cover by sliding it back and lifting up
2. Press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
3. Press the Connect Button quickly 3 times in a row, the LED will flash five times indicating inclusion
4. Once the Mouser is included press Save, then OK
5. Your Mouser should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
I created the device handler, but why isn't SmartThings recognizing my device correctly?
The Main Page displays the current status of the Mouser (Armed, Disarmed, and Tripped) and also the battery level.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the Mouser: Armed, Disarmed, and Tripped. The status is displayed with both text and the background color
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current.
- Battery Level displays the remaining battery life
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change several properties of the Mouser including LED functionality, wake up interval, and the battery reporting interval. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Tripped LED Alarm enables or disables the flashing LED that indicates the trap is tripped
- Wake Up Interval sets how often the Mouser wakes up in order to accept new settings
- Battery Reporting Interval sets how often the battery level is reported to SmartThings
If you want to get a notification when the Mouser has been tripped, check out this article:
Please sign in to leave a comment.