First, make sure the Leak Sensor Device Handler is installed in SmartThings. If not, click here for instructions.
1. Remove the Main Body Cover by twisting it counter-clockwise
2. Open your SmartThings app and press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
3. Press the Connect Button quickly 3 times in a row, the LED will flash five times indicating inclusion
4. Once the Leak Sensor is included press Save, then OK
5. Your Leak Sensor should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
I created the device handler, but why isn't SmartThings recognizing my device correctly?
The Main Page of displays the current status of the Leak Sensor (Wet and Dry) and also the battery level.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the displays the status of the Leak Sensor: Wet and Dry. The status is displayed with both text and the background color.
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current.
- Battery Level displays the remaining battery life
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change several properties of the Leak Sensor, including LED functionality, wake up interval, and the battery reporting interval. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Enable/Disable Audible Alarm enables or disables the beeping that sounds when water is detected
- Initial Alarm Duration sets the amount of time the alarm sounds when water is detected, before pausing (default 1 min)
- After the Initial Alarm, the Reminder Alarm will sound periodically. The Reminder Alarm Duration sets the amount of time the Leak Sensor will beep (default 5 sec)
- Reminder Interval sets how often the Reminder Alarm is sounded (default 1 min)
- Total Alarm Duration sets how long the Reminder Alarm will sound minus the Initial Alarm Duration (default 2 hours)
- Checkin Interval sets how often the Leak Sensor wakes up in order to accept new settings
- Battery Reporting Interval sets how often the battery level is reported to SmartThings
If you want to automatically shut off your Water Main when leaks are detected, check out this article:
Shut Off Your Water Main When Leaks are Detected in SmartThings
Please sign in to leave a comment.