First, make sure the Motion Detector Device Handler is installed in SmartThings. If not, click here for instructions.
1. Remove the Sensor Cover by twisting it counterclockwise
2. Open your SmartThings app and press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
3. Press the Button quickly 3 times in a row, the LED will flash five times indicating inclusion
4. Once the Motion Detector is included press Save, then OK
5. Your Motion Detector should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
I created the device handler, but why isn't SmartThings recognizing my device correctly?
The Main Page displays the current status of the Motion Detector (Motion or No Motion) and also the battery level.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the Motion Detector: Motion and No Motion. The status is displayed with both text and the background color
- In addition to monitoring for motion, the Motion Detector also reports ambient light levels. The Light Level tile displays the current light level in Lux and will report values from 0~65,535
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current.
- Battery Level displays the remaining battery life
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change several properties of the Motion Detector including LED functionality, wake up interval, and the battery reporting interval. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Enable/Disable LED changes whether or not the red LED blinks when Motion is detected (default: Enabled)
- Motion Cleared Delay sets how long the Motion Detector waits before sending a “No More Motion” signal (default: 30 sec)
- Motion Detection Sensitivity sets how sensitive the Motion Detector is to motion. (default: 3)
- The Motion Detector reports ambient light levels intermittently. The Light Reporting Interval sets how often Lights Levels are reported (default: 3 min)
- Light Reporting Sensitivity sets how much of a change is needed before the light level is reported (default: 13)
- Checkin Interval sets how often the Motion Detector wakes up in order to accept new settings
- Battery Reporting Interval sets how often the battery level is reported to SmartThings
If you want to use your Motion Detector to switch something on, check out this article:
Please sign in to leave a comment.