First, make sure the Door/Window Sensor Device Handler is installed in SmartThings. If not, click here for instructions.
1. Remove the Cover of the Door/Window Sensor and open your SmartThings app
2. Press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
3. On the Door/Window Sensor, press the Button quickly 3 times in a row, the LED will flash five times indicating inclusion
4. Once the Door/Window Sensor is included press Save, then OK
5. Your Door/Window Sensor should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
I created the device handler, but why isn't SmartThings recognizing my device correctly?
The Main Page displays the current status of the Door/Window Sensor (door Open or Closed) and also the battery level.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the Door/Window Sensor: Open and Closed. The status is displayed with both text and the background color.
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current.
- Battery Level displays the remaining battery life
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change several properties of the Door/Window Sensor, including LED functionality, wake up interval, and the battery reporting interval. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Checkin Interval sets how often the Door/Window Sensor wakes up in order to accept new settings
- Battery Reporting Interval sets how often the battery level is reported to SmartThings
Please sign in to leave a comment.