If you already installed the SmartThings device handler for your Dome Product, but it's still not recognized as it should be (e.g. a "Dome Leak Sensor" is recognized as a "Door/Window Sensor" instead,) follow the instructions below to force SmartThings to use the device handler for that device:
- Log into the SmartThings developer's portal (found here.)
- Go to the "My Locations" tab and select your location (you have to do this even if you only have a single location.)
- Go to the "My Devices" tab, and click the name of the device you want to edit.
- Scroll all the way down and click "Edit."
- Select the drop-down under "Type" and choose the correct device handler.
- Click "Update".
Now, when you revisit your SmartThings app, the device should be listed correctly!
Figure 1 - Editing a Device's Device Handler Type